Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
coin and paper notes seller EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
coin and paper notes seller EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
coin and paper notes seller EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
coin and paper notes seller EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
coin and paper notes seller Vote_lcapcoin and paper notes seller Voting_barcoin and paper notes seller Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
coin and paper notes seller Vote_lcapcoin and paper notes seller Voting_barcoin and paper notes seller Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
josie
lizjensen001
Kalookan
nic
abe
Rudi Smits
DIC
edbsbc78

coin and paper notes seller

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghiem

Ghiem

coin and paper notes seller Empty
PostSubject: Re: coin and paper notes seller   coin and paper notes seller EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 pm

ii hope wala fake na abl gold coins
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: coin and paper    coin and paper notes seller EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 pm

the store at green hills is JC Coins, the one at megamall and the tiendesitas (closed now) are all reputable and they will tell you the fake ones they are selling.. sigurado mahal ang mga coins mo..lalo na ngayon, mababa pa noon 1980s..

Back to top Go down
vensinton

vensinton

PostSubject: RE: Fake Paper Notes   coin and paper notes seller EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 pm

@exonumia

It is easy to tell when you have actually seen some in the past. The rule of thumb is when "it looks too good to be true" although it may not be as useful to paper money of common dates, denominations and/or varieties.

What helpful tip I can really tell you is this: fake paper money usually feel just like an old piece of bond paper, one that has already toned reddish-brown through the years. If in EF-UNC condition, it will be easy to tell they're fake just by flapping them in the air, because they will not sound as crisp as a real one. Experiment with your newer bills to familiarize yourself to the sound of real ones in these grades. But in VG-VF conditions, it's not gonna be easy to tell a fake one from a real one. Most fake bills I've seen come in these grades, usually at around Good to Fine.

I've seen some fake American and Canadian bills in the past, so I pretty much know the tricks of the trade. Sadly, it's not as easy and as straight-forward as some might think. You have to take many things into consideration, like the material/s used for certain bills from certain time periods. Take the Japanese Puppet Money for example, they all feel like old bond paper. So how would you know if yours is real or fake? I guess they're all fake money to begin with anyway. But you get my point. LOL.
Back to top Go down
filipinonumismatist
Admin
filipinonumismatist

PostSubject: Re: coin and paper notes seller   coin and paper notes seller EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 am

Hi and welcome to this forum!

You may post the pictures or scanned images of your coins or notes. Please make sure that you scanned the coins in at least 300 dpi so we could scrutinize it, and at least 100 dpi for your notes.

thanks again.

FN
Back to top Go down
http://forum.filipinonumismatist.com
exonumia

PostSubject: coin and paper notes seller   coin and paper notes seller EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi Fellow Collectors,

I'm a third generation coin collectors, most of my coins were handed to me.

In pursuit of expanding my collection to paper notes, I usually bought it from Quiapo and Avenida in the 80's.

In year 2000's, my paper notes came (bought) mostly from Green Hills (Antique Shops), SM Megamall and Tiendiesitas.

My question is how to determine if these paper notes I bought from the three shops are not fakes.

Any idea about the reputations of these shops mentioned?

I expanded my paper notes collection to include the guerilla notes and the Japanese "Mickey Mouse Money".

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coin and paper notes seller   coin and paper notes seller Empty

Back to top Go down

coin and paper notes seller
Page 1 of 1