Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Vote_lcapHoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Voting_barHoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Vote_lcapHoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Voting_barHoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
josie
lizjensen001
Kalookan
nic
abe
Rudi Smits
DIC
edbsbc78

Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lizjensen001

Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Empty
PostSubject: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Its time to focus on my english banknotes now... i've neglected the completion of my banknotes since i got so hooked with coins...

anyway, i only have 500 english note, 200 and 20...

Can someone please give me an idea how much is the fair price for the following?

1 PESO ENGLISH---------
2 PESO ENGLISH---------
5 PESO ENGLISH---------
10 PESO ENGLISH--------
50 PESOS ENGLISH----------
100 PESO ENGLISH----------

I hope someone is willing to sell me a part of their collection Smile please please... Smile

Back to top Go down
notaphilypino

PostSubject: English Series   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 pm

lizjensen001 wrote:
Its time to focus on my english banknotes now... i've neglected the completion of my banknotes since i got so hooked with coins...

anyway, i only have 500 english note, 200 and 20...

Can someone please give me an idea how much is the fair price for the following?

1 PESO ENGLISH---------
2 PESO ENGLISH---------
5 PESO ENGLISH---------
10 PESO ENGLISH--------
50 PESOS ENGLISH----------
100 PESO ENGLISH----------

I hope someone is willing to sell me a part of their collection Smile please please... Smile

Do you plan to collect Type Set or Detailed Set ? If just a Type Set, then 1,2,5,10, 50 and 100 are still easily obtainable if you are not particular with the grade and the signature variety.

In the English Series the following are the notes that are not easy to find:

1 Peso - Genuine overprint Quirino-Cuaderno Prefix A to Q in CU condition
5 Pesos - Quirino-Cuaderno signature in CU
10 Pesos - Quirino-Cuaderno signature in any condition. Got my 10P Qui-Cua in VG condition 14 years ago for USD100.00
20 Pesos - Quirino-Cuaderno signature in any condition.
50 Pesos - Quirino-Cuaderno signature in any condition.

I have a 50P Magsaysay-Cuaderno and 2P Magsaysay-Cuaderno in F to EF condition. I will post it here and if you like, I can sell them to you at reasonable prices.

BTW, I used to be an active member of all 3 clubs PNAS/BNSP/BCC since the late '80's but I have been inactive since 2007.
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:01 pm

i have not updated this page, thanks for your reply...
however, im only after having a pc of each denomination, im not really into completing it by signatures Smile

the last i was able to complete was the half peso, since it was so against my will to pay 650 for its condition! hahaha...
Back to top Go down
noob

noob

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:18 pm

half peso for php 650.00? sayang, i would have sold it to you for like php 25 bucks each. what's the condition of the paper bill (uncirculated, malutong etc)? btw, are you the same lizjensen from sulit if i may ask?
Back to top Go down
notaphilypino

PostSubject: Ridiculous Prices on some Philippine Banknotes these days !   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:19 pm

noob wrote:
half peso for php 650.00? sayang, i would have sold it to you for like php 25 bucks each. what's the condition of the paper bill (uncirculated, malutong etc)? btw, are you the same lizjensen from sulit if i may ask?

Comment and observation lang.

Philippine bankotes, especially pre-war (SC,TC, BPI,PNB) ,Liberation, Postwar, English Series (Qui-Cua signature) are getting really difficult to find and acquire. Just checked the prices at some local auctions and found some of them, really ridiculous.

It was a lot different when the old banknote collectors like Davis, Liao and Dalsfoist where still around. They encouraged the newbies by selling some of their duplicates at fair and reasonable prices.
Back to top Go down
noob

noob

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:07 am

notaphilypino wrote:
noob wrote:

Comment and observation lang.

Philippine bankotes, especially pre-war (SC,TC, BPI,PNB) ,Liberation, Postwar, English Series (Qui-Cua signature) are getting really difficult to find and acquire. Just checked the prices at some local auctions and found some of them, really ridiculous.

It was a lot different when the old banknote collectors like Davis, Liao and Dalsfoist where still around. They encouraged the newbies by selling some of their duplicates at fair and reasonable prices.

totally agree, if you're gonna buy and sell it for profit wag naman sana at exhorbitant price.
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:31 pm

The condition of the Half Peso in uncirculated na starnote.... 1 only have 1 pc of it..
Yes im that same Liz in Sulit.com
Back to top Go down
abe

abe

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:58 pm

liz, what are the condition/s that you want for those notes?
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Actually, ive completed my english series notes... i wanted the uncirculated condition, better if with starnotes but not necessarily.

Right now, im on hold in buying banknotes, i just want a piece of everything kasi, nakumpleto ko na..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes   Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoping to complete my English Series Banknotes
Page 1 of 1