Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Opinions, Views and Observations EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Opinions, Views and Observations Vote_lcapOpinions, Views and Observations Voting_barOpinions, Views and Observations Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Opinions, Views and Observations Vote_lcapOpinions, Views and Observations Voting_barOpinions, Views and Observations Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

Opinions, Views and Observations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
al.plata

al.plata

Opinions, Views and Observations Empty
PostSubject: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Dear Brothers and Sisters: It is alright to see some things but it is not always alright o say what you think of it as situations varies as it may look bad now but may be acceptable later.. I have a friend who always give me nice coins before at very reasonable prices, but now he refuses because he gets more from auctions.. A coin he wants to sell to me for 600 (which I refused) was sold at the auction for 1200.. after that he only sells at the auctions.. first I was very angry at him but now I accept that because he has to earn something for his investments.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:29 pm

i think that is the expected behavior of people.

we as collectors look for items that we can buy at a lower price. Dealers on the other hand look for venues or buyers who they can sell to at a higher price.
Back to top Go down
reynantecorpuz

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm

[quote="al.plata"]Dear Brothers and Sisters: It is alright to see some things but it is not always alright o say what you think of it as situations varies as it may look bad now but may be acceptable later.. I have a friend who always give me nice coins before at very reasonable prices, but now he refuses because he gets more from auctions.. A coin he wants to sell to me for 600 (which I refused) was sold at the auction for 1200.. after that he only sells at the auctions.. first I was very angry at him but now I accept that because he has to earn something for his investments.[/quote

Dapat shine-share yung mga coins you can add a markup wag lang sobra sobra pwede naman nilang babaan yung price yun mga tao na andun nga sa auction binebentahan tayo lower than sa starting price ng auction bakit hindi kayang ibigay ng nagpapa-auction.

Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:33 pm

another thing from my experience.. most of my earlier collections are the silver peso (uspi) coins.. then i decided to add the little coins.. i was really excited to get any kind of coins that mang totoy of quiapo offered me.. then when i attended some coin auctions, i realized that there are still beautiful coins out there.. and i felt that i was not informed correctly, mang totoy never mentioned anything about beautiful coins and i never asked.. first i was angry at him but when i asked him if i can exchange my ugly coins with beautiful ones because most of it came from him, he agreed provided that i pay him some consideration (ten pesos for 10 centavos, twenty pesos for 20 ctvs., etc..).. i think that was fair enough.. now we are friendlier than ever...
Back to top Go down
boy_genius_ck

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:59 pm

kudos to mr. plata, let us not forget that dealers are in it for profit, some do it for extreme profit, that you should avoid, some are reasonable enough, kung lahat sila babaratin natin thinking na we can get our coins for the same price dealers pay for them, e di lahat tayo magtayo na rin ng stores para makamura tayo sa collections natin, syempre naman may costs yan mga yan, like rent, pasweldo etc, let us all be fair and reasonable, hindi naman porke't nakatsamba tayo ng mura once in a while e lagi nalang ganun, not because a coin sells in the u.s. for $100 e pagdating sa pilipinas $100 pa rin, be considerate of other people's efforts and labors
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 pm

well, one of the reasons people consign items to be auctioned off is that the organization (in the case for the auction tom) gets 10% of the proceeds. So for the members of the organization, this is a way for them to 1) sell some of their coins and 2) to help out the organization financially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Palagay ko ay ganoon din ang gagawin ko...sa auction ko na lang ilalagay ang mga coins ko para ma-maximize ang profit. Pero meron pa naman na natitirang mga dealer na nagbebenta ng mura sa mga baguhang kolektor...nakabili nga ako ng 1880 20 centavos Fine...binenta lang sa akin ng 700php.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions, Views and Observations   Opinions, Views and Observations Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions, Views and Observations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Numismatist :: Coins & Banknotes :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com