Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Collecting Choices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Collecting Choices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Collecting Choices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Collecting Choices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Collecting Choices Vote_lcapCollecting Choices Voting_barCollecting Choices Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Collecting Choices Vote_lcapCollecting Choices Voting_barCollecting Choices Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

Collecting Choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
al.plata

al.plata

Collecting Choices Empty
PostSubject: Collecting Choices   Collecting Choices EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

This morning, I encountered a dozen 1928 (M) Ten Centavo USPI coin and I just cannot resist to get at least one of the coins because I do not have it in my collection and I know that it is scarce because it is indicated on Krausse catalog that there were only 100,000 minted.. I chose what I think was the best (although I honestly think that it could hardly pass a grade of Fine minus, because the upper stars on both edges on the emblem are hardly visible). Do you think it is wise to just wait for prettier coin?
Back to top Go down
filipinonumismatist
Admin
filipinonumismatist

Collecting Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Choices   Collecting Choices EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 am

Most of these coins are either in very good to fine condition and a very few in VF+ only. A specimen at MS was sold for $28, 000. How much are they selling it? The reason why most of these coins are in poor state is because of the defect in the production. The obverse that came from the 5 centavos of the same year is actually unfit for the planchet which made the obverse uneven and defective that mistaken most collectors about grading.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.filipinonumismatist.com
al.plata

al.plata

Collecting Choices Empty
PostSubject: Collecting Choices   Collecting Choices EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:29 pm

A few weeks past, a man who had been long in collecting coins advised me to stop buying ugly coins. I had been thinking about it since and I now realized that it is a wise move being recommended. As a collector you always want to have the better coins and you will be embarrassed to see that other collectors have beautiful pieces while your holdings are not comparable. I therefore agree to that phrase "collectors must get the best coins available". And now I suggest to all new collectors to just buy beautiful coins only.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

tracy1947

Collecting Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Choices   Collecting Choices EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

right now 99% of my collection were proof or mint state 69 and above. all came with coin capsule, beautiful box, sleeves and certificate of authenticity. i don't buy any grade lesser than the above anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collecting Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Choices   Collecting Choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecting Choices
Page 1 of 1