Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Help with finding mint marks EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Help with finding mint marks EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Help with finding mint marks EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Help with finding mint marks EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Help with finding mint marks Vote_lcapHelp with finding mint marks Voting_barHelp with finding mint marks Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Help with finding mint marks Vote_lcapHelp with finding mint marks Voting_barHelp with finding mint marks Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

Help with finding mint marks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lilbugsd

Help with finding mint marks Empty
PostSubject: Help with finding mint marks   Help with finding mint marks EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 pm

First of all, I'd like to disclose that I am extremely new at this whole "coin thing", so forgive me if this appears to be a silly question.

I have several baggies of Philippine coins that I am attempting to sort, and I've come to the 25 sentimos coins starting at 1975. The Standard Catalog of World Coins appears to be telling me that there are a few different mint marks for this denomination, but I can't locate where the mint marks are, at least on the 1975, 1976, and 1978 coins.

Can someone direct me to where I should be looking? Am I just blind? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mahilig_sa_coins

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding mint marks   Help with finding mint marks EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:46 pm

If you'll check and scrutinize your coin, you'll see a small letter "f" on the right side of the ribbon on the obverse side of the coin or tail. That means its was minted at Franklin Mint USA. Those without such mark are minted in Sheritt Mint Germany.
Back to top Go down
jojopx

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding mint marks   Help with finding mint marks EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:30 pm

i'm a newbie too.. where could i find that mint mark from a 1903 five centavo and a 1935 five centavo heraldic eagle. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with finding mint marks   Help with finding mint marks Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with finding mint marks
Page 1 of 1