Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Philippine Gold Coins Vote_lcapPhilippine Gold Coins Voting_barPhilippine Gold Coins Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Philippine Gold Coins Vote_lcapPhilippine Gold Coins Voting_barPhilippine Gold Coins Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
josie
lizjensen001
Kalookan
nic
abe
Rudi Smits
DIC
edbsbc78

Philippine Gold Coins

Go down 
+7
borg
Ghiem
tracy1947
lizjensen001
ericgo
Market! Market!
al.plata
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
al.plata

al.plata

Philippine Gold Coins Empty
PostSubject: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:14 pm

for all new collectors.. there are several gold issues of Spanish- Philippine coins, some with the word "FILIPINAS" readable, some with "MANILA" or its abbreviation or just the letter M and some with just the STAR mark or ASTERISK mark for the Manila Mint during the Spanish era.. Marcos issued a lot Philippine Gold coins.. I encountered a lot of these in the past coin auctions here, mostly high priced and I just look to see it for a moment and wish I can have one of those someday.. just try to attend all coin auctions (August 20, 21, 28), see you there i hope (i want to be there, even just to see the items)...
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Bank Sentral ng Pilipinas is now offering gold coins.
http://www.bsp.gov.ph/bspnotes/banknotes_comsale.asp?Start=10&Offset=10#

1980 Series 1500 Piso Proof Pope John Paul II Commemorative and Legal Tender Gold Coin
Price: Php 25,000

I went there earlier but they said it can only be bought at the Manila branch. (Roxas boulevard)
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:31 pm

I got an inside information that they used to sell this at 10k, then 22k, now 25k hahaha.
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: philippine gold coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 pm

that gold coin offering from BSP is a good investment.. if you can afford, you should buy it.. i should have not spent too much for my birthday last week.. the family trip to Singapore was really something, i feel so poor today.. probably i can afford to buy it on;y next year or if my claims from the government get paid ..
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 am

al, that depends i think. i personally will only be buying 1 pc of that gold coin for collection purposes.

though i believe that gold will eventually be higher 4 or 5 years from now, i still believe there will be a pullback in the short term which should make buying gold a bit cheaper when that pullback arrives.
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: philippine gold coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:31 pm

gold will continue to rise because of uncertainties in this world.. there are always war or calamities that affect the world market and then people are afraid so they turn to gold, people get their money out of their banks and buy gold, some even sell all assets and invest in gold.. the prices will soon settle down until the next problem crops up.. and the cycle will repeat..
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:47 pm

i personally know some people who pulled out their stocks to purchase gold..
some convert their dollar investments to gold..
the crisis in U.S is causing the rise in Gold, ive visited another forum based in the US where they were discussing about the running out of pure silver and gold in dealer shops...
a lot are afraid that the value of dollar will continue to depreciate...
in my opinion, its safer to invest in metals now than to put your dollars in the bank...
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Market! Market! wrote:
Bantayan wrote:
here is a picture of it

http://cgi.ebay.ph/1980-Philippine-Pope-John-Paul-II-1500P-GOLD-UNLISTED-/360386344450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e8b33602

Did somebody know now where the bank ist where they sell it. I guess i will buy one

Very nice story Very Happy

1500 Piso 1980 Pope John Paul II Visit in the Philippines.
Reverse: San Lorenzon Ruiz, UNLISTED. PROOF Gold

Weight: 9.5 grams / 0.2879 oz , Composition: 0.900 Gold.

In 1980 Pope Paul II was supposed to visit the Philippines for the beatification of Lorenzo Ruiz so Central Bank of the Philippines decided to issue these 1980 gold coins. Due to security reasons the Pope’s visit was rescheduled on February 17, 1981. The Central bank recalled all the 1980 gold coins and changed the date to 1981. Only a few collectors and top officers the Central Bank got hold of these 1980 gold coins.

* The bank where you can buy this is located at A. Mabini (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas).
* You can see it in Google maps

A.Mabini, Manila 1004, Philippines

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=814&noj=1&q=bangko%20sentral%20ng%20pilipinas%20map&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4726l5509l0l5744l4l4l0l0l0l0l332l758l2-2.1l3l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

EDIT: I haven't bought one yet, I plan to next month or this October. The one who informed me that I can buy it at A. Mabini branch was the teller at the Cash Department (East Avenue branch).
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Market! Market! wrote:
Bank Sentral ng Pilipinas is now offering gold coins.
http://www.bsp.gov.ph/bspnotes/banknotes_comsale.asp?Start=10&Offset=10#

1980 Series 1500 Piso Proof Pope John Paul II Commemorative and Legal Tender Gold Coin
Price: Php 25,000

I went there earlier but they said it can only be bought at the Manila branch. (Roxas boulevard)

I just bought one today. Very Happy
I'll post the pic once my cousin is here (he has a camera).

Note:
1) There is no special container, just plastic (sealed).
2) There is no certificate of authenticity (I guess my proof is just the receipt from BSP).
3) It is almost the size of our current 5 peso coin (lighter but bigger).
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Here are the pics:

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin02

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin01

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin04

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin03

Need advice:
> I plan to remove it from its plastic case and transfer it to a 2x2 cardboard case (like the 5 peso pic). Should I do this? The advantage is I will be able to put it in my album and see it clearly. The plastic case is a little blurry.
> The problem is I don't know if there are disadvantages.
> Appreciate any input from anyone.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

tracy1947

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

1975 marcos 1,000 peso gold went below face value and few collectors bought them for face value. now it should worth a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ghiem

Ghiem

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:41 am

my friends and I just bought a total of 14 pieces ....
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Ghiem wrote:
my friends and I just bought a total of 14 pieces ....

Hello,
The plastic container of your gold coins, are they PVC? They feel the same as my PVC album.
Do you know if PVC affects gold coins? I know they damage silver coins.
Back to top Go down
borg

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

Market! Market! wrote:
Here are the pics:

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin02

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin01

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin04

Philippine Gold Coins Th_1500Piso1980PopeJohnPaulIIGoldCoin03

Need advice:
> I plan to remove it from its plastic case and transfer it to a 2x2 cardboard case (like the 5 peso pic). Should I do this? The advantage is I will be able to put it in my album and see it clearly. The plastic case is a little blurry.
> The problem is I don't know if there are disadvantages.
> Appreciate any input from anyone.

Meron pa po ba nito sa BSP? Salamat.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 am

yes there are still some available but they are limiting the purchases to 1 per person i think
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:54 pm

ericgo wrote:
yes there are still some available but they are limiting the purchases to 1 per person i think

nope, I believe you can buy more than 1, the cashier asked me how many I plan to buy so I guess it is allowed.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:02 pm

i tried to buy 2 but they gave me a hard time and was asking quite a bit of questions.
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:46 pm

^
^
^

Will it be alright if you provide the questions they asked?
They just ask me if I will put the coin under my name and how many I will buy.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm

well, they said why i wanted 2 pcs. and what i wanted to do with them. i told them that i was going to keep one piece and the other one was for someone else but the teller didn't believe me and had to ask her supervisor.
Back to top Go down
edbsbc78

PostSubject: suspicious minds...   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Just a hunch, they might be pretty careful these days due to the... anti money laundering law. Gold is a good way to launder money. Just my 2cent!
Back to top Go down
richardthebrave

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:35 pm

edbsbc78 wrote:
Just a hunch, they might be pretty careful these days due to the... anti money laundering law. Gold is a good way to launder money. Just my 2cent!

hmm pero laundering di ba needs cash? or at least digital currency like in bank accounts? how can it become laundering if you will encash gold in a different country while the cash you paid for the medium here is now in the possession of the central bank itself?

it's just like buying an item here (an iphone) and resell it at singapore. considering that we do not recognize gold anymore as legal tender even with the 1500 PHP mark on it.

maybe it's because they don't want speculators sa gold. if you take out all of their gold for consumers, you will cause gold price to rise faster as word of BSP tapping out of gold coins for the public will get around fast.
Back to top Go down
boy_genius_ck

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 am

apart from money laundering or speculation, i believe the reasons for strictness MAY BE:

1.) foreign hoarders / smugglers, just like the "lost" nickel coins, maybe they're just cautious of foreigners getting hold of local precious metals and taking it out of the country

2.) BIR / TAX bureau, just like any large purchases like a car or a house, it may not be a far stretch to get an audit notice from the BIR, especially if the incomes declared do not coincide with the capacity to purchase a single coin for Php25,000
Back to top Go down
edbsbc78

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 pm

HI Richard and Boy_genius,

Good points, well taken.

With regard the coin, is it still available? might have spare peso to buy the gold coin in a couple of weeks.

regards
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:10 pm

I believe it is still very much available.
http://www.bsp.gov.ph/bspnotes/banknotes_comsale.asp?Start=10&Offset=10

Only few people are interested in buying coins like this anyway.
If you want you can give them a call and ask to be connected to the cash department:

Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
A. Mabini St. cor. P. Ocampo St.,
Malate Manila, Philippines 1004
Tel. No. : (632) 708.77.01
E-mail: bspmail@bsp.gov.ph
Back to top Go down
Market! Market!

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

ericgo wrote:
i tried to buy 2 but they gave me a hard time and was asking quite a bit of questions.

Just a question, did they write any number on your receipt?
(upper right)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philippine Gold Coins   Philippine Gold Coins Empty

Back to top Go down

Philippine Gold Coins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next