Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
silver prices EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
silver prices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
silver prices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
silver prices EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
silver prices Vote_lcapsilver prices Voting_barsilver prices Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

silver prices

Go down 
+4
ericgo
josie
al.plata
8 posters
AuthorMessage
al.plata

al.plata

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: silver prices   silver prices EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:31 pm

do you think silver prices will soon settle down? it has been on the upswing since and now for a few days shows some signs of going down, but not as expected. what do you think should be the stable price? i have been holding on buying some coins because of the rising silver price and waiting for some time now.
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Ang focus ko ngayon na bilhin ay yung mga coins na hindi masyadong apektado ng pagmahal o pagmura ng silver...mga key dates at mga 8 reales.

Pero sa tingin ko ay lalong mamahal pa ang silver. Hula ko ay babagsak ang US dollar dahil sa patuloy nilang pag-imprenta ng pera. Saka lalong maghihirap ang Pilipinas. Pag nagkaubusan ng oil ay paano pa kaya tayo makakapagpadala ng mga OFW...ubos din siguro ang foreign exchange reserve ng BSP. Makakapagsalba lang sa atin ay kung imo-modernize natin ang agriculture natin dito para tayo ay makapag-export ng maraming grains.

Back to top Go down
josie

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Gold and silver price are different.

There are write up that silver is a poor mans metal in reality, now it is steel the proofs in our coinage copper plated steel,that we Filipino that our sweat is paid in copper plated steel the highest is Cuni in 5 and 10 Peso,but I will go to the base metal of 1 centavo and one Peso that is steel.

That in the past products are in direct relation with grain in silver content by pennyweight or by Pound adopted by Britain when they are in silver coinage in medieval period our is in gold that proof is our Piloncitos quite wealthy on that time the lowest currency metal is gold.

Just a comment they will use silver if gold is already maximize in coinage and currency and use silver for day to day transaction,one of the evidence is Central Banks all over the world are reserving gold currency not necessarily gold coin they are both entirely different maybe silver coinage will follow if they will return to gold and silver coinage it is all up to the authorities which road they will take.

If USA dollar weaken or collapsed from fiat from copper plated steel to gold and silver coinage,I wonder what kind of inflation it will be.

Products is much more expensive than coin that the seller can fixed a price on its product.
Dont know which is highest on the three,labor,product and coin.

Its a currency war between USA,EU.YEN,UKGB, and Yuan UKGB in its history is in sterling silver even if they are in fiat now????USA have fort knox, China have its labor force.

Just a comment silver will goes up after gold is up and silver will go down after gold is down.they are dual or tandem unless authority decide to use gold first and latter on adopt silver coinage if they will return in precious metal coin, its on wikipedia the history of gold and silver coinage ups and down,good read though at least I cant buy silver or gold I know a little of there history just a comment.

Just posting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/asher-edelman/silver-and-derivatives-di_b_857147.html

Currency war,gold reserve in their and our central bank like a safe reserve just in case things go downhill???speculator,gamblers,stock market,issuing and minting authority FED and central banks and private minting companies and the governments of the world they are the one who will decide and judge if they will return to precious metal a demand for coinage or first case Utah.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page96985?oid=126331&sn=2010+Detail&pid=102055

Just additional resource.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/more-reasons-to-say-eeh-when-you-learn-about-the-ecb/

We will just take a good look on our central bank just in case.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article27898.html

Precious metals gold and silver is a two way between master and servant between employee and employer the test will be on the products,the physical magnitude of precious coin currency its velocity or how liquid the currency is,it is trust on both parties that both have an obligation responsibility two way to each other but the silver will stay in circulation in the hands of ordinary people if they will return to precious coin currency,now all we have is trust in paper money that authorities will back them up,next will be the grain of that trust physically in low metal maybe to precious metal in the future,just a comment.

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1304604300.php

http://etfdailynews.com/blog/2011/05/05/investors-is-the-goldsilver-ratio-at-a-tipping-point-slv-gld-zsl-agq-dbs-iau-sgol-gdx-sivr-dzz-sil/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703859304576307380172271272.html

Silver gold ration 14-16:1 in coinage further studies what happen in the 80 or 1983 what happen then?40:1 on Electrum

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703859304576307380172271272.html

Natural multiple precious and secondary metal.

Last edited by josie on Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyThu May 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Ang laki na ng binaba ng silver ngayon...nasa 39 dollars per oz na lang. Ngayon magandang mamili ng mga coins sa mga masusungit na mga direct buyer ng gold at silver...kung dati ay ang hirap bumili sa kanila ...sila na ngayon ang mag-aalok na bumili ka sa kanila.

Sana ay bumagsak pa lalo ang silver para mas marami pa akong mabili.
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: silver prices   silver prices EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm

this is the scuttlebutt: a guy named SOROS sold his silver holdings and the market prices began to fall.. wow, he is really somebody, he can influence the world market prices..
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Nasa 35 dollars na lang per oz ngayon ang silver. Siguradong lugi ang mga nakabili ng mataas tapos ay ibebenta nila ng mababa ngayon.

Stop buying siguro ang mga direct buyer ng silver at gold ngayon??? Hindi ako makalabas ng bahay ngayon dahil sa sobrang init kaya hindi na ako updated sa price ng silver sa Quiapo.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:34 pm

i don't believe that the fall in silver prices was caused by soros.

there is the fact that:
1) the margin requirements were raised 4x in 1 week
2) the parabolic movement of silver
3) price hitting the previous high reached back in 80's
4) technical double top price action (or so the Tech Analysts says)

I'm personally hoping that silver will go down further so i can get some more at a lower price. With the recent declines, it seems as though a lot of coin dealers are desperate to liquidate their current stock of coins.
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Hanggang saan kaya ibababa ang silver...aabot kaya ng 25dollars per oz??? Sana ay bumalik sa 4dollars per oz para makabili ako ng maraming coins. Dami sigurong naluging mga direct buyer sa Aranque ngayon. Tanggal siguro ang pagkasungit ng mga yon...sila na ngayon ang mag-aalok na bilhin mo ang mga coins nila.
Back to top Go down
paulit-ulit

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Silver price is different from coin price. There are high demand of old coins because of new collectors and old coins nowadays are hard to find. I believe coin dealers will not lower their prices due to low of supply.

@Newbie, tama ka, napaka-init. Ingat lang baka ma heat stroke ka.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:08 am

i highly doubt that the dealers will not lower their prices. they are businessmen first and collectors second.

In fact, some are already lowering prices for the small peso coins simply because there is a lot of supply but no demand.
Back to top Go down
paulit-ulit

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:45 am

Yes, they are businessman that's why they did not sell it at lower price, they are buying but not selling. When I went to the provinces where I'm buying coins, they told me that it's really hard to find coins now. Even on the last auction of BNSP as you noticed there was only one 1 peso USPI listed. The jewelers needed also silver coins not only us collectors. This is not new in the fall silver prices, coin dealers know how to play with it.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:57 am

no they are in fact selling at lower prices to liquidate faster. when the silver price dropped like a rock, i got text messages from different dealers asking if i wanted to buy coins in bulk at a price lower than their previous offers.

I don't think its hard to find USPI silver coins. most likely in the provinces the coins are depleted already but here in Metro Manila, you can easily buy 1000 pcs of the USPI coins if you had the money
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptySat May 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Stop buying ang ginagawa ng mga yan pag biglaan ang pagbaba ng precious metal.

Ano kaya ang iniisip ng mga direct buyer na maraming stock ng silver at gold...iniisip kaya nila na lugi na sila??? Madami kaya sa kanila ang hindi na makatulog???
Back to top Go down
brianong

brianong

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Buti nlng last week nkpgbenta pko s quiapo ng mga 1 peso coins n nsunog n, u can't barely recognize the coins, i just sold it @ its silver value when last week the silver is @ almost $45/oz. Just lucky.
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:27 am

in my opinion, the demand or buying of silver coins now will be affected depending on one's reason for buying. talking for myself, i just started collecting coins(specifically silver) for about a month now... i started buying them not because there was a rise in the value of silver... just the same as i am not buying now because silver sells a little bit cheaper than last week...

personally... i like silver coins for just the way it looks... im not really after it because of the silver value... but ofcourse sometime i cant help but haggle with sellers who overprice and justify my haggling with the value of silver in the market...

for me, di ako nanghihinayang sa mga nabili ko (infact i think i bought some of the pieces really high), its okay.... cause in the first place, i bought them cause i wanted to have a piece of history... or i bought them because i like the "look" of it... i just really want to collect them...

but i cant really tell whether im gonna keep all of them... cause i have several pieces of some coins... maybe when the time comes when i no longer have money to buy better coins, then i'll have to let some of my coins go (hopefully it wont get to that point!) Sad
Back to top Go down

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Nasa 610php na lang ang assorted sa Quiapo...tapos 620-630php naman sa Aranque. Nasa 75% na lang pala ng melt value ang buying nila. Hula ko ay pataas ang silver sabay bagsak ulit ng malaki.
Back to top Go down
tracy1947

tracy1947

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:10 pm

that is a very good buy. buy them all. anything less 25% of the melt value is simply a buy and hold on to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

silver prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: silver prices   silver prices Empty

Back to top Go down

silver prices
Page 1 of 1