Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Vote_lcapCounterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Voting_barCounterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Vote_lcapCounterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Voting_barCounterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
josie
lizjensen001
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
filipinonumismatist
Admin
filipinonumismatist

Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines   Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 am

I would like to inform everyone that my studies with counterstamp coins would soon become available on the site. I know that you have anticipated for a long time some information here on the site but due to lack of available reference and information, and new discoveries and new counterfeits. I have decided to limit the publication of this information until I can assure everyone that what I have written can become the guide for collectors and dealers alike.

I found that most reference nowadays are already outdated, I myself when I was new in the field experienced how old timers and dealers maligned us whenever we question or present new discoveries. Collecting counterstamp coinage is in fact the hardest and most notorious among the Philippine coins, and yet it is otherwise the most challenging. It is also the field mostly exploited by those who know over those who do not know.

Through the advent of modern day metallurgy and technology, I feel that it is also the right time for us numismatist to level-up the game because counterfeiters have been using this method against us for a very long time. The rise of modern day fake dos mondos and rare coins on Ebay are already enough to alarm everyone. I know that some of you have been victimized by these sellers but such scheme or scam is the conscience of collecting. That fact keeps us pushing this craft to another level so you don't have to disdain the people behind it because they are actually our teachers and they are the one telling us that we should be doing our homework.

I have searched the country and other parts of the globe to look for still unknown specimen and I have been blessed with new discoveries that I will share to everyone.

I will start with the F70 and YII counterstamps, then if ever my funds allow it, then the MANILA counterstamps.

Anyway as a start, here is a sample coin that might interest everybody, an 1821 Mexico 8 reales minted in Zacatecas with triple counterstamps. Both with F70 and YII counterstamp, I will discuss the details later why such coin is a rarity among counterstamp coins.

Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines 1821f710
Back to top Go down
http://forum.filipinonumismatist.com

Counterstamp Coinage of the Philippines
Page 1 of 1