Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Vote_lcapFor Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Voting_barFor Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Vote_lcapFor Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Voting_barFor Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!

Go down 
+4
lizjensen001
abe
KaPatiD ko Si NewBie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KaPatiD ko Si NewBie

For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:41 pm

1,000 pesos each, I will give you 5% discount if you get all coins.

[img][/img]For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! L_4bde42232b791ca6f36a9d091360992d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Hindi ba pwedeng ipamigay na lang yan???
Back to top Go down
KaPatiD ko Si NewBie

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Di pwede rare at mahal yan kung gusto mo bilin mo na baka maunahan ka pa. Oh ikaw pala yan tol
Back to top Go down
abe

abe

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:31 pm

are serious about your price?! LOL! this made me smile.. a tip though, whenever you want to sell a coin/bill ALWAYS show the obverse and reverse.....hehehehe
Back to top Go down
KaPatiD ko Si NewBie

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

oo naman serious ako sa price nyan..... bakit medyo mura ba?
Back to top Go down
abe

abe

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:51 pm

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3321953/Rare+1918-S+5+centavo+(MULE)

Sa kaniya rin kaya 'to???
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:35 pm

a similar post i saw was that she was selling her entire album of commemorative coins, rare and very hard to find daw... everything for 50k!
out of curiosity, i asked her to send me a list of her items... i felt guilty cause she put so much effort in sending me a picture of every coin in her so called rare album.... most of the coins were mga piso, 5 piso and 10 piso na 3-head etc... hmmmm commemorative nga naman... Very Happy i felt guilty telling her the truth :/ i tried so hard not to be harsh, but the truth is none of her coins had any value...
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: For Sale "Rare" coins?   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I saw another item for sale and it is also labeled as very rare (anyway, it must be the first time they saw this coin), it is just a "five centavo" USPI 1945 coin. And it was being offered for sale at P50,000? Some people are really not aware of the prices or are really looking for something else. Tomorrow, May 29 Sunday, there will be an auction and it will include coins. The place is at the 2nd floor, Tropical Hut, corner of Panay Avenue and Scout Borromeo Street, South Triangle, QC. if you are coming from Quezon Avenue, it is behind Mercury Drugstore (near the National Book Store). The auction by BCCI starts at around 1 pm. see you..
Back to top Go down
polochamps2004

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Newbie wrote:
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/3321953/Rare+1918-S+5+centavo+(MULE)

Sa kaniya rin kaya 'to???

Akin yan bro.
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: for sale hard to find coins   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

people tend to over rate their precious collection, thus we understand if some would give a fantastic price for their coin.. for example as i had previously cited herein, a seller posted 1945 five centavo USA-FILIPINAS coin as "RARE" because he was not aware that there are millions of that coin still around and that beautiful coin can not even sell for ONE HUNDRED PESOS on local coin auctions, yet the seller was asking for more than ten thousand pesos.. if i was his relative, i will show him a hundred pieces of that coin to convince him that it is not rare.. and i will invite him to attend a coin auction to educate him more on prices.. i try to tell everyone that 1944 and 1945 coins are plentiful up to now because they were produced at around 500,000,000 (half a billion) pieces and many are still around. if you want a truly rare coin, look for a 1946 issue (it was not released out of the US Mints and they told us that all were remelted... who knows but maybe some were kept).
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: for sale hard to find coins   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:19 am

for newcomers who wants to know if their coins are "RARE" .. you can just ask and go to Mang Totoy of Quiapo, Jun of Green Hills JC COINS, the Treasures at Mega Mall, or Rey of DeJesus Variety Store (Mendiola).. you can even ask how much they are willing to buy it, then you just double their offer and that is the best price you can get for your coin....
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am

FYI, its not always "double" whatever the Seniors offer... i've come to know these reputable sellers, sometimes, wala pa 200 pesos ang patong nila... just FYI...
Back to top Go down
al.plata

al.plata

PostSubject: for sale hard to find coins   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 pm

yes, generally speaking the good people we know are fair with their prices, but there are very few of them compared to the hundreds of stores or coin buyers all over the country (at Aranque, Sta. Cruz and Mabini, Manila, at Cebu and at Davao, Laguna, atbp.).. i was thinking of the USPI five centavo coins when i said that you can double your price and this can be used as a rule of thumb, what you get as price offer from traders would be less and you will get more if you sell it to collectors..
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 pm

another method to check the going prices of your coins is to search ebay for completed listings of the same coin you wish to sell. you should get an idea of the market price for that particular coin.

I agree with liz that some of the reputable sellers have very little profit margins. there are times that they will only make 100 pesos per coin and sometimes even sell at no profit just to move their inventory.
Back to top Go down
kolektor

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am

al.plata wrote:
for newcomers who wants to know if their coins are "RARE" .. you can just ask and go to Mang Totoy of Quiapo, Jun of Green Hills JC COINS, the Treasures at Mega Mall, or Rey of DeJesus Variety Store (Mendiola).. you can even ask how much they are willing to buy it, then you just double their offer and that is the best price you can get for your coin....

I disagree with you Al, if you have rare coins please don't go to Quiapo. I do not recommend Mang Totoy because he is a hardcore coin dealer and precious metal trader. Mang Totoy tends to buy coins based on weights or precious metal content regardless of rarity. Between the 2 coin dealers in the Quiapo area, I would rather recommend Mang Tony. But since Mang Tony has already gone low on buying rare coins, I do recommend Mabini area as a better alternative. Else, get connected to collectors and not to dealers.

Meanwhile, Rey De Jesus is a stamp dealer with a minor knowledge in coins. Don't always rely on what Rey De Jesus tells you coz Rey also rely on other unreliable self-proclaimed coin experts. Jun on the other hand is the fair of the three guys you are recommending. He is more considerate and the prices of his supply is competitive and the guy is friendlier to newbies like you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!!   For Sale Hard to find coins- VERY RARE !!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1