Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Filipino Numismatist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Filipino Numismatist

For those passionately collecting Philippine coins & banknotes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No Post Here Yet so I Figured I'd Post My Gradeschool to College Medals (LOL!)
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 12:23 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Fake Auction Pieces
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:25 am by John Edoward Miguel

» BNSP Auction
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:19 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Philippine Gold Coins
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am by John Edoward Miguel

» Looking for Gold Coins
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 am by Ghiem

» New Specie of Philippine Gold Coins??
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am by John Edoward Miguel

» I am new. Please help.
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» 1908P One Peso Silver Coin Proof
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 pm by John Edoward Miguel

» Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm by John Edoward Miguel

Top posters
al.plata
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Vote_lcapShipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Voting_barShipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Vote_rcap 
tracy1947
Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Vote_lcapShipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Voting_barShipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Vote_rcap 
filipinonumismatist
ericgo
josie
lizjensen001
abe
DIC
kolektor
Most Viewed Topics
Forum for New Discoveries or still Unidentified Materials
United States Coins
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Cleaning coins / bank notes
BNSP Auction
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Bayanihan Collectors club Auction May 30, 2010
Poll
Most active topics
United States Coins
Philippine Future Bullion Coins
Quiapo Coin Prices
Dos Mundos/ 8 Reales Columnario real/fake?
Philippine Gold Coins
How rare is this coin? and value please..
Cleaning coins / bank notes
Auction Results
What is the fair value of the 1828 manila 8 Reales in PCGS XF40
PHILIPPINES CURRENCY?
Most active topic starters
al.plata
filipinonumismatist
lizjensen001
josie
Kalookan
nic
abe
DIC
Rudi Smits
edbsbc78

Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lizjensen001

Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I have won some bidding in the u.s and i requested the seller to ship them to my relatives in the u.s who will be coming home this June.

I just want to ask, do you think its a good idea to keep the items "discreet" to save my relatives from the hasselment of going through the customs, taxes etc?

im having second thoughts tuloy kasi the coins are 13 pieces of various coins (morgans,american eagle,and even commemoratives from the phil)... so i want to know what is the best way to store them in the baggage... should the coins be in the hand carry bag? luggage? or should i just ask my relatives to ship them to me nalang (but unfortunately for me, i will pay high taxes sa post office)... what do you think? what is the best thing to do? i would really really appreciate your opinion... thanks!
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:13 pm

tell your relatives to carry the coins in their personal hand bag. since you're only bringing in 13 pcs they won't even notice.

Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:28 pm

that's what i was thinking too... but some of the coins are in a box, some are in the pcgs grading pack, some in capsules... i was thinking, maybe it'll be more discreet if sa luggage?
Back to top Go down
abe

abe

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:29 pm

according to the custom law
Prohibited:
5. articles of gold, silver and precious metals without indications of actual fineness of quality;.

As for experience, when we went home from japan I had with me one commemorative gold coin and 5-6pcs of silver coins that is on my luggage. We were not questioned.

Just declare it when the customs ask about it.
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:42 pm

thanks abe, that's good to hear... it relieved me from so much tension i am feeling now! atleast you have an actual experience... all i want is not to cause any inconvinience to my relatives since im only asking a favor from them, the least i can do is not to cause any "hassle"...

does anyone else have an experience?

thanks
Back to top Go down
abe

abe

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:55 pm

just tell your relatives that if in case the custom ask what are the coins for, that they are only gifts.

And besides the coins are too small in quantity, to be labelled as a hoard and something to be resold.
Back to top Go down
noob

noob

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:37 am

well, my cousin brought 7 silver bullion rounds/coins just last month, 2 of them were in a box (libertad proof and the 011 chinese panda coin) and the other one is in a pouch (shawnee tribe coin). nilagay niya sa hand bag di naman siya kinu-estion or sinita.
Back to top Go down
ericgo

ericgo

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:12 pm

i've brought in coins from singapore, hong kong and canada previously. i always brought them in my hand carry bag and was never asked about them.
Back to top Go down
lizjensen001

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:36 pm

thats really good to hear! so far all are positive feedbacks!

you wouldn't believe how stressed i was because of the paranoia i had with customs!

It makes me at ease now by sharing your experiences Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines   Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines Empty

Back to top Go down

Shipment of Silver coins from USA to Philippines
Page 1 of 1